Last week on our blog we announced our partnership with the SOHO Business Group, a team of professionals who are all about connecting people and small businesses. Together with this announcement, RTOWN Community Manager Catarina Haber shared her experiences from SOHO’s SME Business Expo in Toronto. Read the post HERE.
To wrap up Small Business Month, SOHO hosted their closing SME Business Expo in Vancouver. The event provided the opportunity for the local business community to come together to network and collaborate. The Sheraton Wall Centre was buzzing with energy from the diverse group of entrepreneurs, start-up founders and exhibitors. Here’s a recap of this day of inspiration and idea generation:
The expo opened with a ‘Super Meetup’ where attendees proudly shared details about their businesses. The day then moved into expert panel sessions. RTOWN CEO, Luke Aulin, was invited to speak on “Is Email Marketing Dead? Is Social THE Way of Driving New Customers?” with an inspiring line-up of speakers:
- Melonie Dodaro, Author of The LinkedIn Code
- Roger Graham, Senior Manager of Product Marketing, Hootsuite Media Inc.
- Brian Scudamore, Founder & CEO, 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, and You Move Me
- Bosco Anthony, Business Growth Strategist, Internet Marketing and Social Media Management
Twitter Buzz from the Marketing Panel
- @SohoTalks Business is about “Making the ordinary exceptional” says @BrianScudamore of @1800GOTJUNK
- @lennie_HCL “Move your business away from ‘push’ marketing. Focus on relationships.”
- @cupcakecopy “Jesus only had 12 followers & he did pretty well!” @boscoanthony on likes/followers
- @GoToMeetingCA Social media tips from @LukeAulin of RTOWN – Provide value. Educate. Entertain.
- @RTOWN_“Think quality over quantity when going social. Use sites like Twitter & Instagram which encourage conversation” via @MelonieDodaro
View more on Twitter with hashtag: #SOHOSME
RTOWN Digital Marketing Strategists, Cristina Ostapovitch and Brad Leganger, came together to provide business owners with an evaluation of their online presence. Guests at the booths were provided with a Reputation Management analysis to give them a deeper look at how their brand stacks up online. Business owners came away with expert advice on how they can enhance their reach on social media, review sites and more.
Workshop: Unlocking Your Customers Loyalty Potential
The day wrapped up with a workshop from Luke Aulin on Loyalty. In the session, he shared with the group how loyalty programs enable companies to attract, acquire, and retain customers. To help business owners take the guesswork out of loyalty rewards planning, the RTOWN team helped attendee’s craft a successful loyalty strategy that is custom made for their audience. The group came away with a detailed guide for designing their loyalty program and a download link to our free loyalty eBook.
After a great day’s work, it was time to celebrate. To build on the connections made at the event, guests shared a laugh and a drink. Small Business Month ended in style with fabulous cocktails, delicious food and familiar faces.
We’d like to thank the SOHO team for all of their efforts in organizing and running this incredibly successful event. We’re already looking forward to next year!
Discover how your brand stacks up online! Contact us for a free Reputation Management analysis.