Entrepreneurs, media-preneurs, innovators and thought leaders including the engaging keynote speaker, social entrepreneur and author of Do Cool Sh*t Miki Agrawal congregated together on the west coast to speak about their experiences, projects and words of wisdom to a crowd of several hundred.
Sid Landolt and Pete Dupuis, co-founders of both World Housing and S&P Real Estate Corp., gave an inspiring talk about entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship, imparting 11 key takeaways they learned in their over 30-year business partnership:
1. Instinct is built on knowledge and experience.
2. Social entrepreneurs are made, not born.
3. Dare to dream, be prepared to fail.
4. Build a team based on culture.
5. Work with people that know more than you.
6. Connect people, be a connector.
7. Have a conversation with your heart, not your ego.
8. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
9. Your work is never done.
10. Social change. If you can, you must.
11. Gesamtkunstwerk (translation: life as a total work of art)
It was an incredible day of knowledge, great energy and big ideas at the Vancouver Convention Centre â€” and we’re excited to learn from the SociaLIGHT team that World Housing was the top Twitter trending topic out of all the conference’s tweets.
We look forward to next year!
Click here to view a post-talk interview with Sid and Pete. You can also follow them on Twitter at @SidLandolt and @PeteDupuis, as well as World Housing on Twitter and S&P Real Estate Corp. on Facebook.